European Chainsaw Standards
European minimum standards (ECS) have been developed for different competence levels of chainsaw use.
Currently standards are available for the following competence levels:
- ECS 1 : chainsaw maintenance and crosscutting
- ECS 1 (Tension) : cross-cutting timber on tensioned timber sections by a simulator
- ECS 2 : basic tree felling
- ECS 3 : advanced tree felling
- ECS 4 : windblown and damaged trees
- ECS (Height): chainsaw use at height
The European Chainsaw Standards are free to download and use for training purposes.
European Chainsaw Certificate
Based on each of the above ECS competence levels, a formal assessment procedure has been agreed upon. By taking an assessment in an accredited assessment centre, chainsaw users can acquire a European Chainsaw Certificate.
Only EFESC accredited assessment centres can issue European Chainsaw Certificates. Search our database to find one nearby.