QualityForest (2017-2019) has addressed the challenge to elaborate a new professional qualification that includes all the competences of the European Chainsaw Certificate (ECC). European Forestry and Environmental Skills Council (EFESC) members (Belgium, France and Spain) and new partners (Bulgaria, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia) have developed a Learning and Assessment Guide collaborated to elaborate a proposal with the support of other entities and training centres as associated partners.
The Guide provides methodological guidelines and practical information about the development, realization and assessment of the training process that encompasses all competences of the European Chainsaw Certificate. The Learning and Assessment Guide can be downloaded here.
The partners have also elaborated a proposal to develop an occupational standard for maintaining and conserving the natural environment (forests, mountains, watersides and waterways), managing agricultural and forestry teams, machinery and tools in safe and healthy conditions, while applying criteria of quality and profitability and respecting environmental regulations and the prevention of occupational risks.
The project has been guided by the goals
- to fulfil the demands of the industry
- to reduce accidents and fatalities
- to reduce associated economic and personal costs related to accidents
- to improve and enhance operator skills and efficiency in the workplace
- to enhance operator mobility and employability throughout Europe
- to improve and expand delivery of existing vocational training and assessment Standard
- to encourage and promote life-long learning and continuous professional development
- to improve transparency and recognition of skills and qualifications in Europe
- CTFC: http://www.ctfc.cat/
- Generalitat de Catalunya Consorci per a la Formació Contínua de Catalunya: https://conforcat.gencat.cat/ca/inici/
- CENTRE FORESTIER DE LA RÉGION PROVENCE ALPES CÔTE D’AZUR: https://www.centre-forestier.org/
- Natuurinvest: https://www.natuurinvest.be/
- ANEFA: http://www.anefa.pt/
- University of Forestry Bulgaria [green tree symbol]: https://ltu.bg/en/
- SZCZECINSKA SZKOLA WYZSZA COLLEGIUM BALTICUM/ Colegium Baltikum: https://www.cb.szczecin.pl/
- ZAVOD ZA GOZDOVE SLOVENIJE: http://www.zgs.si/index.html
This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This communication reflects the views only of the author, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.